We appreciate that you may have certain concerns about how personal information is collected, used and shared. We can assure you that we will always handle your personal information securely and carefully. Among other things, we comply with all applicable Australian privacy laws.
1. Collection of Information
Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted.
We collect the following personal information:
- customer name, address, contact details (including phone, fax and email) and trade references;
- names and addresses of the directors, proprietors and owners of corporate customers and any personal guarantors, which are collected as a part of our credit application processes; and
- credit card & other financial details.
2. Registered Members
As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
3. Use of Information Collected
The personal information is collected for the purposes of fulfilling your requests for products and services, performing the necessary credit checks in accordance with our credit application processes, marketing our goods and services (including direct marketing) and receiving payment. Kulbardi may collect your personal information directly from you, when you place an order, where you access and interact with the website or with the Kulbardi Customer Service or Credit team. Kulbardi may also collect information about you that is publicly available including information from websites such as LinkedIn or other websites. There may be occasions when Kulbardi collects personal information from a third party.
A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer when you use our website. This information does not personally identify you. It simply tells us what areas of our website your computer has visited. It also tells us if you have selected a product and put it in your shopping basket, it does not tell us your personal identity unless you are registered with us.
Our websites utilise cookies to provide you with a more convenient shopping experience, such as remembering your login name and password, purchase history and maintaining items in your shopping cart if you leave the site before checkout.
Personal information is used by Kulbardi for its legitimate business purposes, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying you and for servicing our relationship with you. Your contact details may also be used by us for the purposes of sending marketing correspondence to you. You may make a request to us not to receive direct marketing communications.
Kulbardi undertakes not to sell, rent or trade personal information. We will not disclose personal information to third parties for them to market goods and services to you.
We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless the use or disclosure is authorised under the Australian Privacy Principles. Some examples of where use or disclosure is authorised under the Australian Privacy Principles are:
- Use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law
- Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
- Use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct
- Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings; or
- You have consented, either expressly or impliedly, to our disclosing the information about you.
- At Kulbardi we seek to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date. Our Account Receivable Team is dedicated to maintaining customer profiles daily. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, contact us on 1300 551 042 and we will correct it.
- On request we will provide you with access to the personal information we store about you, but only to the extent we are able by law, and are required under the Australian Privacy Principles.
If we are unable to give you the access requested, we will, if reasonable, consider whether the use of an intermediary would allow sufficient access to meet both our needs. We will also provide you with the reasons for our inability to give you the access requested.
7. Security and Storage
Kulbardi is committed to keep secure the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration.
Our policy is that transmission of credit card details is through an encrypted channel (https), encrypted using a minimum of 128-bit encryption and 256-bit AES where your browser supports it.
Kulbardi retains the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
8. Access to Information
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
Kulbardi and any contractors of Kulbardi may have access to and use your personal information. Personal information may from time to time be retained on data storage systems owned and operated by these contractors.
9. Problems or questions
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site: http://www.privacy.gov.au.